xplorer² is a dual-pane desktop file manager combining the simplicity of windows explorer with the speed and efficiency of traditional dual pane orthodox file managers, helping you be productive with your documents, pictures, music, source code and other files. Unlike Windows explorer, xplorer² allows you to browse more than one folder at a time, using tabs and dual panes. Sorting out and copying files becomes a breeze. You can navigate your shell namespace quickly using favorites, clickable paths (breadcrumbs), easy access to root folders, a tree and a bookmark pane (drop box) etc. You can even save and restore folder groups whenever your workflow deems necessary. xplorer² browsing model scales up well to large folders with thousands of files. It reads fast, offers visual filters and a variety of selection mechanisms that allow you to manage your files effectively.
• Full shell namespace browser
• Dual panes and folder tabs
• Preview documents, images, music etc.
• Desktop search using all file attributes
• Folder sizes and disk space visualization
• Synchronize folder contents
• Search for duplicate files to free space
• Advanced copy and delete operations
• Filename color coding
• Execute custom commands (even DOS)
• Fully customizable
• Everyday efficiency and control
• Manage large folders with ease
• Lightweight system resource use
• Native 32/64 bit and Unicode versions
New in xplorer² 126.96.36.199:
- [P] TC column and preview plugins support (aka content WDX and lister WLX). These extend the file attributes you see in detailed view mode (searchable too), and the quickviewer preview capabilities. There are tons to download from http://totalcmd.net. The easiest way to integrate these plugins in xplorer² is to install them with TC then copy the plugin sections [ContentPlugins] and [ListerPlugins] from WINCMD.INI into a file called TCPLUGINS.INI which should be placed in shell:appdata\zabkat folder (or in the xplorer² installation folder if run from a USB). If you are running the 64 bit version of xplorer² you must use x64 versions of the plugins.
- [P] office documents can be natively previewed in zipfolders and other virtual folders
- [P] global setting szGrepExcludeTypes is a comma separated list of extensions that can be used to exclude certain document types from filter searching. Also faster IFilter text extraction lookup. Note some TC content plugins can also be used to search for text in files, in case a windows filter is not available.
- Mainframe setting DPF_NOHTMLIMG (see updated advanced settings editor) turns off the small thumbnail preview in the details pane. This image isn’t required if you have the quickviewer turned on for example.