Windows PE (WinPE) for Windows 10 ISO
Windows PE (WinPE) for Windows 10 is a small operating system used to install, deploy, and repair Windows 10 for desktop editions (Home, Pro, and Enterprise), Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview, and other Windows operating systems. From Windows PE, you can:
- Set up your hard drive before installing Windows.
- Install Windows by using apps or scripts from a network or a local drive.
- Capture and apply Windows images.
- Modify the Windows operating system while it’s not running.
- Set up automatic recovery tools.
- Recover data from unbootable devices.
- Add your own custom shell or GUI to automate these kinds of tasks.
What is Windows PE?
The Windows preinstallation environment (Windows PE) is a minimal operating with limited services, based on the kernel for Windows 10. Used to prepare a computer for Windows installation, copy images from a network file server disk and start the installation of Windows.
Windows PE is not designed to be the primary operating system of the computer, but to use it as a separate preinstallation environment as an integral part of other Setup and recovery technologies.
This WinPE is made from the ADK for windows 10. It adapts to all operating systems since it is based on the latest version (Windows 10), included imagex.exe and Oscdimg.exe (folder Oscdimg).