Paint.NET 4.0.8 Direct Download
Paint.NET 4.0.8 Paint.NET v4.0.8
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows. It supports layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple tool for photo and image editing. The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with a small amount of C++ for installation and shell-integration related functionality.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened
- Changes in 4.0.8:
- Fixed: The Line/Curve tool was crashing when drawing vertical lines of particular lengths.
- Changes in 4.0.7:
- Changed: .NET Framework 4.6 is now required, and will be installed if necessary
- New: Swedish translation
- Fixed: Title bar now uses the Windows 10 accent color
- Fixed: Floating windows were not remembering their locations on some non-English systems
- Improved: Performance of “committing” (finishing) is now up to 10x faster, which greatly improves responsivness for quick drawing operations
- Improved Shapes tool quality when drawn without antialiasing, with line styles, and at 1 pixel brush width
- Improved Shapes tool rendering performance on CPUs with many cores (8+)
- Improved: Installing a “complex” custom Shape no longer causes very long hangs at app startup
- Improved: Image->Resize is now much faster
- Fixed: Image->Resize would sometimes cause the main window to flicker or lose focus
- Fixed: Image->Resize would sometimes do nothing instead of resizing the image to a very large size
- Fixed: Labels on the vertical ruler were misleading because they were on the wrong side of the tick mark
- Improved the ruler’s performance
- Fixed: Edit->Copy now works if the data copied to the clipboard is larger than 2GB
- Fixed: Page Up, Page Down, Home, and End keys now work in the main canvas area
- Fixed: Paint.NET will no longer incorrectly block Windows from restarting
- Fixed: Rotate/Zoom no longer crashes on very large images
- Improved: Reduced CPU/GPU and battery use when the app is not in the foreground
- Improved: Reduced CPU and battery use of the UI for the Move and Shapes tools
- Added: Custom Shapes XAML now supports cardinal splines via PolyCurveSegment (a new PathSegment type)
- Improved: Various performance improvements
- Fixed: Several rare or uncommon crashes
Download | 4.0.8