Notepad++ 6.8.9 Latest Download
Notepad++ 6.8.9 Notepad++ v6.8.9
Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Changes in 6.8.9:
- Fix Notepad++ hanging issue while user uses touchscreen to activate Notepad++ window.
- HTML auto-close tag enhancement: Prevent
, , and from being closed automatically.
- Project enhancement: Allows user defined extension to associate workspace file.
- Make behavior of SHIFT+END and SHIFT+HOME more consistent when word wrapping is enabled.
- Add new API NPPM_SAVEFILE (for plugins) to save any file, not only the focused one.
- Add file extensions for FreePascal/Lazarus pascal, lex (as C).
Download | Portable