dBpowerAMP Music converter R16.0 : latest
dBpowerAMP Music Converter R16.0
dBpowerAMP Music Converter is a tool that can encode several audio formats (including CDA, FLAC, MP4, MPEG, MP3, WAV) to others (e.g. AIFF, M4A, FLAC, MP3, WAV).
Once you install the application, you will see that there are actually three separate parts installed – “Music Converter”, “Batch Converter” and “CD Ripper”.
In “Music Converter”, you first need to select the audio track you want to encode, after which you can configure settings and initiate the conversion process.
So, you can select the output format, audio settings (e.g. quality, bit rate, sample frequency rate, channels, bit depth), set the output destination (original folder or custom) and optionally select “Dynamic” to set the file name format (artist, title).
Furthermore, you can add DSP effects, but you have to separately install an application (dBpowerAMP Music Converter points the way). “CD Ripper” has a similar process.
In the “Batch Converter”, you can use a treeview to search for files and select which ones you want to convert. Also, you can select entire folders and optionally encode the content of their sub-folders as well.
Files are converted very quickly, while the software uses a low amount of system resources and comes with an online help file. On the other hand, it can become difficult to navigate between three separate applications when one that incorporates all three functions would had significantly simplified things.
Also, in order to convert to the AAC, OGG or WMA format, you have to separately install codecs (once again, dBpowerAMP Music Converter shows you how to do this). In conclusion, this software is a great tool for converting audio tracks and we recommend it to all users.
Here are some key features of “dBpowerAMP Music Converter”:
• Rip digitally sound from Audio CDs and store in a multitude of formats, dMC is the Fastest CD Ripper and now AccurateRip Compatible
• Convert from one format to another, just about every audio type is supported: mp3, mp4, Windows Media Audio (wma), Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC and many others Codecs, whilst preserving ID Tags,
• Volume Normalize audio files,
• Windows Explorer Integration – right click Convert To & popup useful information on audio files (such as bitrate, length).
• ID tag editing
• Record from LPs or anything [optional Auxiliary Input install],
• 100% Free, No nags, popups, hidden spyware or bundleware.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 16.0:
• dBpoweramp R16 features a user interface redesign. Each program was evaluated to streamline and improve user interactions, in addition dBpoweramp will now work well also at 200% and 300% display scaling.
The tag editor has been completely redesigned, better at handling multiple file editing, also features auto-suggested artist and album whilst typing.
Batch Converter has new filters where an artist (album, genre, etc) can be included or excluded in the conversions.
• New visual style, high DPI aware, 200% and 300% compatible
• Configure dBpoweramp repurposed as dBpoweramp Control Centre, only elevates on changes to shell settings
• Configuration, if proxy server is enabled but no proxy server is set, it is disabled.
• DSP Effects included as standard in all installs, DSP version number is now dBpoweramps version number
• dBpoweramp Shell Tag Editor – looks up art with PerfectTUNES
• Naming Section total rewrite
• Naming Added new values [track_unpad] [track_total_unpad] for unpadded track number and count
• Naming [IFEQUALS] check will match from multiple stored values, such as one match from 3 genres
• Naming added [REPLACE] function
• Naming added [WORD] function to limit word count
• Can add or remove CPU Cores from converting whilst converting
• Nearly instant when converting 1000’s of files if the file naming does not require ID Tags reading for filenames
• Works with DSP effect ‘conditional encoding’ to allow programmable actions on files depending on their settings (such as copy 1:1 mp3, not encode)
• Option to precache read the source file, more for non-ssd systems, improves read performance by 100%
• New option (in configuration) ‘Filename restricted characters’
• When finalizing DSP Effects (such as 100K RG album gains being written), the display is now responsive
• m4a: able to read m4a file designated as mp42 or mp41 internally (really .mp4)
• m4a: displays bit rate for fdk vbr encoded files
• m4a separates out multi artist etc internally as individual tags, for maximum compatibility (option in config allows reverse order or / separated)
• Volume Normalize EBU-R128 defaults to -18 dB target volume.
• ID Tag Processing, multi-artists etc added with Additions are correctly detected as multiples if separated as ‘; ‘
• ReplayGain identifies albums also with Disc number.
• Resample effect has new minimum and maximum options.
• New Icons
• New Effect: Conditional Encoding (R16 or above required)
• Volume Normalize added Adaptive EBU-R128 option, and redesigned settings page
• Can edit tags such as artist in track listing
• Simplified interface, refresh and metadata button combined now
• Metadata cache stores intel metadata providers separately, also error and info logs, and size increased by default to 200MB
• AMG replaced with Discogs for metadata and PerfectTUNES for ART (AMG is EOL Q3 2016)
• Album Art Choose (from Internet) can type the artist and album names. PerfectTUNES is searched also for art.
• Pasting art from clipboard, can paste URL containing art, or filename location
New option: rc on track listing >> Paste track titles from clipboard: this open will take a multiline list in the form artist – title or just title and replace the title and artist.
• Manual Metadata Review: Has cancel button, also shows genre or year as <different> if they are not uniform across all tracks
• Metadata trims lead and end spaces
• New Option (on options page, note not compatible with Multi-Encoder) “When Ripping”:
• Rip to ‘._’ files, rename album at end (default option)
• Rip to temporary folder, move album at end
• Rip direct to final filenames
• Submit to freedb restrictions lifted
• right click folder >> dBpoweramp Batch Convert with multiple folders selected, only 1 Batch Converter appears
• visually better when processing large number of files
• added profile support, also profiles passed onto Music Converter so Codec selection / DSPs, etc are unique to that profile name
• added metadata filter based exclusion / inclusions
• quicker at processing large number of files
• total redesign
• predictive typing for artist + album (based on perfecttunes known artists)
• default tags (shown when no tags present) can be edited: %appdata%\dBpoweramp\DefaultTagEdit.txt
• Added new configuration option ‘dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tags’ for folders
• bug fix: isrc would not read on all systems
• bug fix: ACM wave compression would not always work on certain systems
• bug fix: [tags]album artist,_COMMA_  works, [IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist,_COMMA_,NO ALBUM ARTIST does not (if have multi album artists)
• BUG FIX: cd ripper: cd-text: genre would not populate if represented as binary
• Bug fix: using dsp effects ‘audio cd delete silence’ and replaygain could create blank files and delay ripping at end
DOWNLOAD dBpowerAMP Music Converter R16.0
DOWNLOAD Illustrate dBpoweramp Music Converter R16 Reference Portable